We are delighted to host this annual award for the best science fiction novel of the year, selected from novels whose UK first edition was published in the previous calendar year.
The greater purpose of the Award is to promote UK science fiction literature and the sense of wonder, speculation and imagination for which the genre is most renowned.
The six shortlisted books are:
- Zoo City – Lauren Beukes (Angry Robot)
- The Dervish House – Ian McDonald (Gollancz)
- Monsters of Men – Patrick Ness (Walker Books)
- Generosity – Richard Powers (Atlantic Books)
- Declare – Tim Powers (Corvus)
- Lightborn – Tricia Sullivan (Orbit)
Full details about the award can be found here http://www.clarkeaward.com/